As someone who completely despises exercise and thinks that anyone who likes to do it is crazy and glutton for punishment, I try to find things that Totally Count as exercise. Now please be forewarned. This could be controversial, yet it makes me and, hopefully, the millions of other lazy people out there feel better about ourselves and our lack of physical activity.
Here is my list of things that totally count as working out:
1. Putting on work out clothes totally counts as working out. Just the thought and effort it takes to wiggle into that sports bra as
about a lot of laughing when my children or husband come in and see me stumbling around trying to get the sports bra down!
2. Driving past the gym. Okay you might not have realized you were going that way, but you suddenly find yourself driving past the gym. This
3. Going to Wal-Mart in your work out clothes totally counts as working out. You can up this work out by parking further out in the parking lot,
what you will and will not add to your cart then you are totally burning more calories!
4. Wearing Shape Up or Tone Up shoes totally count as working out.
5. Having sex totally counts as working out. Not only is it a proven calorie burner, but the effort it takes just to get started is a serious work out. I am not being dirty here and talking about foreplay. I am talking about how exhausted and stressed out you are, and how the thought of doing anything else is the last thing on your mind. We all know what it is like to be a mother. It is not that you don't want to because you do. It is just that it takes so much effort and so much energy of which you have very little. So when you have it, it totally counts!
So am I advocating not exercising? No! You can't lose weight without exercising, and I am all about trying to lose weight. But it is good to know some things totally count as working out....even if it is only in my mind!