We are Publix shoppers for a variety of reasons. It is clean. They have great deals, and it is an enjoyable shopping experience due to the attentiveness of the Publix employees. The problem is that I live in a small town in South Georgia and the only Publix near us is 20 minutes away. This means that we can not frequent it as much as we would like. Therefore, there are times when we have to go to Wal-Mart.
This is where I found myself this morning when I should have been in church, but alas since my husband and I are STILL sick we played hooky. As I steered my squeaking buggy through the crowded, dirty, and tight aisles I composed a list of all of the reasons I hate Wal-Mart.
1. It is Dirty- Maybe not every Wal-Mart is, but ours is. There are crumbs on the floor and items out of place. As well as the fact that the aisle are constantly blocked with everything from empty shopping carts to flats of new inventory.
2. The Clientele- Truly, I am not a snob. I know you are going to think I am, but, honestly, I'm not. But come on! There are some scandalous people roaming around Wal-Mart. From the single men who goggle to the moms who are constantly yelling at their bare foot spawn who are running all over the store to the gang bangers hanging out in various areas of the parking lot, the people of Wal-Mart are an interesting bunch to say the least.
3. Coupons- They are so dadgum picky about coupons. You would think that the Walton family themselves were having to pay for the coupons out of their own extremely full pockets. There are some Wal-Marts that take competitor coupons, but our doesn't. In fact they are so fanatical about coupons that I have actually been told before that I could not use a printed coupon because it was not from a reputable site. Coupons.com is not a reputable site?????? Are you kidding me?
4. Moving Things- Our Wal-Mart moves things all of the time. One day the refrigerated pastas might be with the cheese and the next day in might be in the fresh food section. One day the coffee filters might be with the coffee and the next it will be with the coffee makers all the way across the store.
5. Not Carrying Things-Wal-Mart is famous for not having items they had the week before. I could sit here all day and list things that they carry one day and the next it has totally been wiped out off the shelves. The list ranges from cereal to butter to pasta to salad kits. When your Wal-Mart is the only place in the small town to shop, it is a big deal when they stop carrying things you have come to rely on. WTF!
7. Bottle Necking-I don't know about your local Super Center but ours has tiny aisles. You can literally only get 2 carts down one aisle at the same time and that is only with some strategic maneuvering. And now they have taken to putting displays in the center of the aisles so that you can only get one cart through at a time and when you have carts coming from both ways you can sometimes get stuck on one aisle for what seems like an eternity but what is really only 3 to 5 minutes.
8. Buggies- It is inevitable that when I pick up my buggy at the front that I am going to have to use super human strength to get out of the buggy corral. Then I can guarantee you that something is going to be wrong with it. It might have a wobbly wheel, squeak, or have remnants of food from who ever previously used it (YUCK!)I mean is it so hard for this multi-billion dollar company to repair broken carts and keep them clean?
But no matter how much I hate Wal-Mart you will still see me there. I mean until we get a Publix (Ha!) in this town it is my only option. Plus, where else are you going to shop where you find a variety of things you have never thought of but can now not live without!