Our Awesome Trip to the Publix
Before I begin to reveal the secrets of one of our most successful shopping trips ever, I must be honest. I did not do any couponing for it. My hubby did it all. He slaved and cut and printed and organized. I just split up the list. Hey, it was totally worth it! We spent a total of $110 and saved $145!!! Go ahead stand up and start the slow clap. It deserves it. However, you might want to wait, because when I tell you what all we bought you might want to start an encore.
First so that you can truly appreciate I will bestow upon you our list of items:
2 Stouffer's Family Style Entrees
1 box of Pampers Swaddlers
1 box of Pampers Swaddlers
4 boxes of Nutrigrain Bar
1 package of Pull-Ups
2 Pam Sprays
4 Marie Callendar Meals
3 gallons of milk
4 Juicy Juice bottles
1 box of Huggies Supreme diapers
2 Gorton's Popcorn shrimp
2 Planters Honey Roasted Peanuts
2 jars of Classico Alfredo sauce
1 32 oz Kraft Velveeta Cheese
1 box of Cosmic Brownies
2 boxes of Pepper and Oil Triscuits
2 Skintimate shave gel
2 bags of Doritos
2 pounds of Ground Beef
2 packages Strawberries
2 dozen eggs
All for $110!!!!
So here is what we do (or in this case what Brian did).
1. Visit Publix site or use Publix circular to make a list of what you need that is on sale. Focus on Buy One Get Ones (BOGO).
2. Look in coupon box for any coupons for items
3. Visit Southern Savers.com and look at their Publix list where they have all of the coupons there are for all of the items on sale.
4. Print as many coupons as you can. Again, epecially for the BOGO's.
5. Make sure you visit the other store sites, like Food Lion, Harveys, Target, and Rite Aid for any of their coupons.
- If you have BOGO's and then you have a coupon for 1 item then print 2 coupons because you can use two.
- If you have a manufacturer coupon, you can also use competitor coupons for the same item.
- Sometimes they only take a limited amount of competitor coupons, which is why we split up our list and shop in two different carts.
Here are some of our monumental savings for this week:
1. Zephryhill water- We bought 4-12 packs for absolutely free. How? They were BOGO at 2 for $3.79 which made them $1.90 each. Then we had a coupon for each for $1 off each 12 pack and then a Harvey's coupon for $ 2 off.
2. The Huggies Box of diapers was originally $19.99. We had a $3 off Publix coupon, a $3 off Food Lion coupon, a $2.50 off Target coupon, and a $2.00 off Manufacturer coupon. So that was $19.99-$10.50=$9.49! (Important: They will sometimes only except one competitor coupon for an item, but sometimes, if you split them up, it will work).
3. Gorton's Popcorn shrimp were BOGO at $2.74 each. We had $1 off each and then $1 off 2. Plus we had another competitor coupon for $1 off each. So we got those for $.25 each.
4. Pampers box was $19.99- $7 off Target-$2 off manufacturer
Plus, we got really lucky. A woman who was leaving handed us a $5 off $30 Publix coupon as she was leaving and we had $2 off Harveys coupon for fruit and vegetables.
All in all our trip to the Publix was pretty AWESOME