Welcome to the fabulous and sometimes insane life
of a working mother who is trying hard not to
let her whole existence be determined by her
cute little munchkins, yet continues to be drawn
in by the adorable and sometimes annoying tiny people!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

I know I had laundry and unpacking and cooking and countless other things to do yesterday, but I couldn't help myself and had to get a little creative. It is an outlet, much like the working out I need to be doing every day.

So since Mr. Peter Cottontail is soon to be hopping  along to my house, I thought I would create something with which to welcome him. Here is my inspiration:
Easter Door Hanger

And here is my version:


I just realized that I need to ad some ribbon to this bad boy. That would explain why it doesn't hang so well on my door.

For those of you who think you are not creative, this would be a good one for you to try.
Start with a blank canvas.
Draw a hill starting at the bottom.
Draw two ears coming out either side of the hill.
Add eyes nose and mouth.
Paint background first.
Then eyes and pink parts.
I outlined everything with black and then went over my rabbit with some glitter paint. (Always all about the bling!)

No comments: