OMG Chicken is the first recipe I decided to try. It had 4 ingredients.
1 cup of sour cream (I used fat free)
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan (in the green can and I would have used fat free if I had had it)
Italian Bread crumbs
5 chicken breasts, deboned (of course)
- Mix sour cream and Parmesan cheese together in a small bowl.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips. This will make them cook faster, allow for smaller portions, and in able you to stretch this meal into 2 nights. (Left overs are amazing!)
- Lay strips in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Spread sour cream mixture over top.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
- Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes, until bubbly and brown on top
I served it with steamed broccoli, frozen corn on the cob (Sacrilege in the South during the summer, I know!), and Uncle Ben's Brown Rice.
The calories in one serving of the chicken is 140. The total calories for my entire meal (Yes, I am counting, and yes, I have a super cool app for that) is 200 because I only had a spoonful of the rice. Oh yeah, don't let the picture fool you! I serve all of my personal meals on a salad plate. It ensures that I eat less!
What was the verdict? Super easy to prepare. I already had everything on hand. It was not only tender enough to cut with a fork, but it was also juicy and quite tasty. However, I do think in order to call it "OMG Chicken", it needs a little something more. I will probably add some garlic salt to the sour cream mixture. That and maybe a little rosemary or thyme.