Welcome to the fabulous and sometimes insane life
of a working mother who is trying hard not to
let her whole existence be determined by her
cute little munchkins, yet continues to be drawn
in by the adorable and sometimes annoying tiny people!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Being Cold Has A Whole New Meaning

First of all,  let me comment on the weather. Wow! It was cold last night. It was especially cold to anyone who happened to be sitting at a high school football game. I know it was "perfect football weather". But I really do not enjoy being cold. Plus, the main problem I have is...Where the heck is fall? We went from 90 weather on Monday to 58 degree weather today. Fall is my most favorite season, and I feel jipped (not really sure how to spell that but you get my point). 


So needless to say since I did not have a buffer into the cold, i.e. the Season of Fall, I was not prepared for how freaking cold it was. I know my northern friends are like "really 45 degrees is not cold". Ummm...yes it is! 


Now I tried to prepare. I put on Cuddle Duds and the girls changed into leggings in a, thankfully, clean Loco's bathroom. (Thankfully clean, because we appear to not be able to change clothes without plopping our cute little bottoms on the floor). We each had 2 shirts on and coats. Hats were also donned. Although, I had no hats for the munchkins so their heads appeared to be swallowed by fleece. 


So we are all as bundled up as we are going to get, and we finally sit down after quite a hike through the Americus-Sumter Stadium. This is the point where the cold gets bone chillings as my bottom graces the freezing cold bleacher. Did I mention, I hate being cold. Fortunately for me, there was a very large man sitting in front of me who blocked most of the wind. It was still cold, but  when you are a mama "being cold has a whole new meaning". 


It doesn't matter how cold you are you must sacrifice your warmth, and comfort for that matter, to warm your tiny humans. So through out the entire 3 hour game a munchkin snuggled in my lap. This was quite warm and comfy for about the first 5 minutes and then my back started hurting, my legs went to sleep, and my butt became numb. And so it went for the next 2 hours and 55 minutes, which was so long because apparently the lights at the field got cold too, so they froze up and stopped working putting a delay on the game for a little cold and uncomfortable while. 


However one thing was for certain, I was not cold! Uncomfortable, yes, but cold...not so much. At least not until, something attracted the munchkin away from me and exposed my lap to the frigidness. So apparently, when your a mama being cold has a whole new meannig....it is now also known as... uncomfortable. But I would sacrifice all my comfort and warmth, for that matter, for these cute little munchkins any day! Just next week, we will be much more prepared!

No comments: