Welcome to the fabulous and sometimes insane life
of a working mother who is trying hard not to
let her whole existence be determined by her
cute little munchkins, yet continues to be drawn
in by the adorable and sometimes annoying tiny people!

Monday, March 26, 2012

First Pinterest Project

Finally getting around to truly enjoying the benefits of Pinterest. In the last week, I have cooked 2 delicious recipes and created my first craft. My craft was a menu board for my family. I usually have a sheet of paper that I create it on, but this was so much more attractive and kid friendly.

Here is the inspiration:

At the time I started the project, I didn't really realize that I was starting it. THE Wal-Mart had bulletin boards on sale for, like, $5 and I suddenly remembered the menu board.

I cruised through the fabric isle and picked some corresponding fabric. Then I got some iron on letters. I covered the wood part of the board with the corresponding fabric using hot glue. Next I attached the main fabric using a staple gun. I ran ribbon around the edge to cover the staples. I covered index cards with fabric to create the pockets and then ironed on the letters. Finally I attached the index cards using hot glue. I used a peel and stick hook on the side of our cabinets and some ribbon to hang it up.

The girls and I had a great time writing down our favorite recipes, and I had a great time writing down some of the Pinterest recipes that I have been dying to try.

So without further ado, here is the finished product!


No comments: