Welcome to the fabulous and sometimes insane life
of a working mother who is trying hard not to
let her whole existence be determined by her
cute little munchkins, yet continues to be drawn
in by the adorable and sometimes annoying tiny people!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It Is On!


It has been so long since I have posted my progress. I am quite certain that my lack of posting has only little to do with my busy life and a lot to do with the fact that my weigh ins have resulted in no progress. Not only have they resulted in no progress, they have also generated much depression as the scale crept slowly back up.

I haven't gained much. Only a pound or two, but still when you are trying to lose weight and the scale starts going the opposite way one does tend to get a little depressed. I know I should not focus on the scale (I did listen to you Kathy!), however, the inches aren't coming off either. The belly is not flattening. The thighs are not slimming. The jeans are still not buttoning!!!

I have determined the problem to be three fold:
1. I am not running any more. Okay, okay there is a reason other than the fact that I hate exercise. I got sick and had no energy for 2 weeks. Therefore, I go out of the running habit and back into the sleeping an extra 30 minutes habit. Heck, I can't blame myself. This kid is still not sleeping through the night!!!

2. I am lazy. Not only am I lazy about exercise, but I do not like getting up and fixing my lunch. It was not such a big deal when I was doing my Fresh Express Salads, because they are so easy. But our local Wal-Mart (which sucks to high heaven) does not carry these and during football season I hardly have a chance to get to Publix over in the next town. So therefore I am eating in the lunchroom, which any weight conscious person can tell you is a big NO-NO!!

3. I like food! Have I said this before? I am quite sure, because as much as I hate exercising that is how much I love food! But I know that food is not the enemy. It is my friend. It is my very, very, very good friend. One that I should spend a little less time with.

So I really must get back on the ball, maybe even the exercise ball. (Never mind, I am the clumsiest person ever. That thing would buck me off before I could ever even sit down on it and then not only would my children get a kick out of my butt being kicked by a big rubber ball of air, but I wouldn't be able to exercise because of injury.) But I MUST exercise and eat less.


I am serious this time! Really! I mean it!!! It is on!! It is on like Donkey Kong!!

4 comments:

McGillicutty said...

Good luck!!!!
I (as you well know) love food and WINE! hate exercising... no sorry i don't hate exercising itself, I hate the planning and military operations it takes to get to the place and exercise. I used to try and post my progress but there was never any progress so I quit posting.
There.. now you feel better don't you??? hee hee.. you can do it you have the will power of a GODDESS!!!

championm2000 said...

Good for you! When it's "on like donkey kong," watch out! lol

Ali said...

Hey Liz! I'm with you! I think I'm going to start back to Zumba (have you tried this...I think you'd love it) once a week and we do something crazy that helps a little bit, we eat dinner in the morning. That way I have all day to burn the calories. I'm rooting for ya!!! (Is that how to say rooting? The only other way is routing or routeing...I hate mispelling things in public!)

Liz said...

I have tried Zumba. Started taking a class 3 weeks ago and am loving it. Even bought the Zumba for the Wii for the other days. I wish I could go every day!